Sunday, October 24, 2004

Rock Climbing

Finally, after 2 weeks into my holidays, I've done some decent exercise. Today at 2.30, I met up with Amy whom I've not seen since the last day of our end of semester exams. Talking about exams, the bloody results are coming out this coming friday. Can't get my mind off the fear of having to resit for any of the papers. DAMN!! Anyway back to today. I met up with Amy in Summit as we've planned to do some rock climbing. It was since umm... let's see, too long ago when I last did rock climbing. I enjoy this sport as it really works you up. This sport requires strength, endurance, and also skills. The other thing i like about this sport is that climbers have climbing expeditions once in a while to interesting places. However, I'm up to that stage yet. I'm still just a beginner, still far away from the very good climbers they have in the gym, that's what they call the place in summit.

I was in Summit climbing until 6.45 when Amy has to head home for dinner. I didn't really enjoy climbing today as it was since a long time ago since I last climbed, my muscles are no longer up to it and I ended up not able to complete most of the routes they have there. Besides, my hands were all numb when we left. My hands were so weak after that, I can't even hold anything properly. My parents went out for a wedding dinner, and so I had to cook my own dinner. I had a hard time getting things done, I even broke a porcelain spoon when I couldn't grip it properly when took it out. I have a bad feeling that the muscles in my hands are going to ache for a very long time. Well, no pain no gain. Anyway i'll be going climbing with Amy again this coming wednesday. Not going to give up so easily.

No comments: