Monday, January 24, 2005

New Year

Chinese New Year is just around the corner and my family has been preparing for it for quite some time. That's why each weekend when I'm at home I don't really have time to study peacefully. This year is quite different from previous years. First of all, my relatives from Ipoh are coming down for a change. Then, the other thing is, my parents decided to change the furniture. So it's a major facelift for my home. For the past few weekends, when I'm home, my family and I had been out hunting for the right furniture, lights and my mom; clothes to make new curtains and cushion casing. After a busy few weekends, finally this week the change can be seen. The new furniture is here and the lightings are fixed (by me and my dad).

It's really nice to see something new in the house after all these years and in my opinion, I'm really happy with the new things. Hmmm... maybe it's partly due to the fact that I chose them hehe... Anyway decorations are still in progress and maybe I won't be able to study at home untill after the New Year after all. Hmmm... choosing our own furniture for the home really gives an empowering feeling of self satisfaction. It's going to be a great New Year.... I hope... ;-)

3 comments:

BbHippo said...

I know what you mean about choosing new furniture for the house. My house is equipped with many many old furniture, many dating to maybe 20 years ago. Recently, a year ago i think, my mum got us some new curtains. And I really think it made a difference to our house, very much difference. :) NICE! Lucky for you to be able to change so much in a year. Tee hee! It must have been fun, shopping for everything, and actualy getting to buy them. Me only manage to window shop, cause house furniture do not come cheap. Mmm... Enjoy the changes.... :)

alien said...

Khin Siah : Thanks.. haha I don't know what got into my parents this year... suddenly wanted to get new stuff.... Anyway it was really tiring shopping for all those stuff. Staying in one place and decide for a long long time before we really get it. It took me a few weekends not able to revise to accompany my parents shopping. Anyway shopping was just a part of the story... Worse part is getting everything fixed. My mom insisted that she made the curtains, and we did some of our own decos in the living area to suit everything.. so it's really tiring... But I guess it's worth it after all....

BbHippo said...

:) it's nice la being able to redecorate the house.. really.. if i have the chance, the money... hmm... my house, sure look better lorr.. Heheh! NOt complaining though.. Hehhe! ^_^