Monday, September 26, 2005

Journey continued

Ok, so it's not the night after like I promised, it was because I was busy. Ok then, I'll continue from where I stopped. Umm.... let's see... Oh ya, Florence, then there we were spending two nights in the the tent. The nights were really an experience to remember. Never have I felt that cold before. Well we could say it's good practice for winter here... Anyway our next destination was a short stop in Pisa.

Then it was Rome. Rome is a beautiful place. This time we stayed in a dorm sharing beds and it was inside walls!! *phew*. Guess we had enough bad nights that could spoil our journey. Anyway it was really far away from the city centre and we have to take two buses before we reach the camp site. We reach the place, camp Tiber, at around 1, got everything ready and slept at around 3. We had to get up at 5.30 the next morning to get to the Vatican city. Lucky we could leave our back packs behind. We did not get to enter Vatican city as it required us obtaining a visa. Anyway, St. Peter's basilica, the museum and Sistine Chapel was open to public. The basilica was really grand.

We also entered the museum and the Sistine Chapel. Due to insufficient time, we only allowed ourselves a total of 2 hours to be inside the museum and the chapel. There were a huge collection of arts and sculptures in the museum. In my opinion, it would have taken a day to appreciate everything in the museum and chapel. After that we visited the coliseum.

The next day, we went to the Phanteon, Trevi's fountain where I made a wish. Hope it come true. hehehe... Then we went around a few more places before getting on a plane heading back to Glasgow.

Well as a conclusion, Italy is a beautiful place and I wished we had more time to go around, especially in Rome and Venice, my two favorite places. However, during the trip I also noticed that Italians are not all that polite but have better features than people in Glasgow.

Ok then, that's the trip to Italy. I'm still tired from the trip... and it didn't help that I had to work on Friday and Saturday. Anyway classes will be starting soon...

No comments: