Tuesday, March 08, 2005

End of semester

Hmmm... half way studying my PP2 a thought came through my mind... "How much stress can a person take??" I think this is certainly a very interesting thing to know. Well, at least it is for me! It has come to the time of the semester again where the finals is just two weeks away and everyone's studying like mad. As this is the last semester we are having in Malaysia, the workload is huge and the subjects are, well... in my opinion, impossible.

I know I should be studying, but after spending too much time in front of a book, even I myself cannot stop my mind from wandering. Especially when the subject is this dull, boring, dry, PP2. What's it about? Law, obviously... And so, now I have a heavy workload to finish and the deadline is near. Therefore, I'm extremely stressed. Not only because from the studies I have to get done before the finals, stress also comes from the fear that I might not be able to do well. The price to pay is high; another year studying, another RM13,000 gone.

I read in a magazine, the risk of depression is directly proportional to the level of education. The higher you are educated, the higher your risk of getting depressed. But, why do people with a higher level of education are at a higher risk of depression? Isn't the choice of continuing their studies, their own? Ohhh.... maybe that's the problem. I know I chose my current education because it promises a better career. Do I like what I study???.... Well... hey, actually I do, but not all that I study anyway.

Hmmm.... so then, just how much stress a person and take before he cracks???
(I think I might have answered the question, noticed what RUBBISH I'm posting!! -_-")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feeling obliged to wish u Luck- Going through the 'same' thing over here (I believe my subjects aren't as difficult as yours. LOL).
All the best!

Patch the crack: Get some jokes and read it between study breaks =D