Monday, January 29, 2007

"Prebet sapu" *Hon hon*

Ahh... yet another tiring day at the enforcement... However, today's exhaustion is unlike before, where I fight to stay awake and end up being totally beaten. My preceptor is back today and I've got work to do. Need to revise on my Acts again. (But no matter how many times I read it, it's still the same... *mumble mumble... -_-* I've been lucky so far as I've been going and coming back from work through car pool. Lucky me to have my time table overlapped with someone who has a car *^_^*. Though... she's on holiday for these two days... *-_-"*

So how did I get back home today.. haha... this is where the title comes in... the Kelantan's "prebet sapu" *star wars theme* I'm not even sure if I'm spelling it correctly though, giving that I don't even really know their slangs and accents well enough yet. Anyway, it's like a private hire. Oh, before that... we do not have Taxis here in Kelantan. Those you see which looked like one are called 'kereta sewa'. They charge at a different rate, namely by a car load. This means depending on the destination, the price to get there is fixed for the whole car. The only matter is whether you have the patience to wait for the maximum (4) amount of passengers to ride with you. If you have much to spend then, the heck with waiting, just ride alone paying the full amount. (This... evidently I cannot afford). The 'prebet sapu' are errmmm... well... you won't be able to recognise one if you saw it. It's like any other cars on the road. They'll give you a 'horn' when they see that you are in need of a ride and the charges are per person for the ride. So, with this, the passenger won;t have to worry if the driver gets a full load or not. Furthermore, it's cheap.

Hmmm... maybe it's not such a good idea after all for girls... Who knows? They may not be offering a service when they horn you. Savvy?

No comments: