Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Class starts

For the past few days, from since I'm in Glasgow up till yesterday, my housemates and I, no wait, I think maybe I could include everyone, ok, everyone was busy hunting for cheap groceries and cheap clothes. As a result, blisters for everyone, haha just joking. Well partly joking, I developed some on my leg due walking. That's it, we've been walking, walking and walking. Oh, not only that, we've also been walking while carrying very very heavy stuffs. That's it. Hai... the places where we can get cheap goods are usually very far away from where we stay and since when things are cheap, we'd like to stock them up. Because of this, I've also developed tired shoulders and pain in the back.

Besides, I've been cooking quite a number of meals now... and I finally understand why mom always complaint "don't know what to cook". Thinking of what to cook for the next meal is really troublesome, even more troublesome than cooking. By the way, food seems to be the constant problem we have in this place. It's hard work to get the food back to our place and even after stocking our foodstuffs up, everything seems to go quickly.

Enough of that, class started today, and for this semester, we'll be having labs and lectures from 9 to 5. That's like working, only it's in reverse where we pay the university instead of getting paid. I'm adapting to the weather I guess. Don't feel so cold anymore. Well, yes it's summer here now, but still it's very very cold. The winds here are piercing. If ever it rains, it's be like a large number of needles poking through you. One thing I notice about the weather here though. IT'S TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE. When the sky is cloudy and dark, you might be expecting it to rain, but then, after some strong, cold winds, the sun comes out and it's hot. When the sun touches your skin it really burns. However, not long after the sun is out, the sky might go dark again and it might start to rain. This rain will stop immediately as soon as the sun is out and continues when the sky is dark. This process is not spanned at a long period but happens quickly. So it means that, one moment you see the bright sunshine when you open your window, but by the time you turn and walk out the door, it have started to rain -_-" See!, that impredictable.

Ok, enough bullshitting for today. Got to get some sleep. Class tomorrow.

1 comment:

Acrix said...

Is bicycle over there expensive? Erm, i think i;m gona suffer next time coz i dun really knoe how to cook and do chores~ Yaikz...