Saturday, November 27, 2004

Hash Run

Today I had to force myself to wake up at 9 in the morning; even after only 5 hours of sleep, definitely not enough for me; to get myself ready to go home. I could not stay in vista for the weekend even if I wanted to as I have promised my dad to sign up for the hash run of Shah Alam Club. The hash run is one of the activities they have in the club and it’s quite fun. In this event, the hash committee would decide on a route for the members to run and the person in charge of the route is known as ‘the heir’ of the hash run, or at least it sounds something like that, I’m not pretty sure. Anyway, the routes set usually involve jungle tracking and are usually very interesting. Sometimes the jungle tracks involve routes not often taken and are covered with overgrowths which makes the tracking difficult. It is during these runs in the jungle where I get all those scars on my feet, contributed by our friendly leeches. Those nasty critters are really great; they can smell blood a mile away. Then, to make things even more adventurous, members are suppose to follow paper trails set along the route which sometimes ends in various parts of the route. This is when members are supposed to look for further trails of paper to lead them to the end of the route.
I think other clubs have their own hash runs too. If they do, they should be about the same? Maybe?

Today, the hash run took place in Bukit Cahaya, Shah Alam. Each run is held at different places, I myself joined runs in Fraser’s Hill, Bukit Gasing, a place in Shah Alam which I have forgotten the name, and Bukit Cahaya. It was a gloomy day and the sky was not in a good ‘mood’ when we reach the place. We started the run in a rain not too heavy, but still enough to make you shiver. Today’s run was set by a frequent hash runner and therefore, the jungle route was quite tough. The whole run took about one and a half hour. Then, as usual, after the run, all members who took part will gather in the Shah Alam Club for dinner, provided by the club. They say the most important part of the hash run in more on drinking beer after the run rather than the run itself, but I doubt this is true. There are members who join the run for the adventure-cum-exercise while the others do enjoy a little drinking after the run. I myself had a glass of beer during dinner. All in all, the hash runs I had had, was really enjoyable and the dinner, … well we can’t expect much since it’s given free. Sometimes we get good food and sometimes we don’t. I think of the hash run as an activity for the family and also to meet others (even tough the group is always the same and contains only a small amount of members).

Tonight, on my way back home, in the car, I can’t help noticing how beautiful the moon is in the dark sky, full and bright. I took a few picture of it with a digital camera when I got home. The results are not so satisfactory. However, even if it’s perfect, I will still not be able to post it in this blog. Why? Cause, I still haven’t figured out how to use the ‘hello’ program to upload pictures into the site. Damn, must make it a task for myself to learn how to use that program.

No comments: