Friday, April 29, 2005

Cashier

It's been more than a week taht I have had this job as a cashier for my uncle's promotion. The promotion is, at last coming to an end, next Monday. It's no fun at all being a cashier. Especially when it's in a promotion like this, where customers keep turning up like everything's free. It's good for the business, baaad... for the back! Standing in front of the counter daily is really not easy. Well it's not really from 10 to 10, we can sit during the off peak hours, but now and then there would be someone showing up wanting to pay. During peak hours, huh...., needless to say, the chair is just there to block my way.

Besides standing, there is always the stress of punching the wrong digits, doing the wrong thing and it doesn't help that everynight, I only get to sleep for only about 5 hours. (Go out yum cha, haha, lolijin lah) Then during the late evening, I'll be so blur, I'd not know what I'm doing. Looking at the customer, holding his money, still thinking what I'm up to.

Anyway, I've discovered another fun thing to do, besides googling at girls lah, that is to make the customers feel nervous hahaha, never fails. After paying, when they are trying to keep the change and receipts, what I do is just hold up the plastic bag, containing their goods, and they'd speed up shuffing everything quickly like I'm trying to shoo them away. Muahaha.... Need to continue this later... got to go take a shower then go out again... hahaha. Tomorrow still need to wake at 7.30am. (No hope!)

No comments: