Friday, December 03, 2004

Shutter

Today, Ginn and her gang planned to watch 'Shutter', or was it 'The shutter' I'm not sure. Anyway it was a Thai horror movie. Usually I would not have watched a horror in cinema due to the disappointment I get from watching a few Korean, Thai and even some Japanese horror movie. Besides 'Ju Onn', I think the rest are really boring. If it wasn't because of the recommendation from a friend of mine, I don't think I'd have watched it. And so, today we; Ginn, Jas, Jers, Hui and I; caught the 5 o'clock show. Given that today is a weekday, there were quite a number of people watching this movie. Not that every seat was occupied, but at least there was at least 5 to 6 groups of people there.

The movie was not bad, with a good story line and sound effects. I got frightened at a few scenes where the ghost pop up out of nowhere; the basic requirement of a horror movie. Wonder if it was the latest trend, but recently, Asian horror movies nearly always involve the ghost crawling out of somewhere; the t.v., the ceiling, under the bed, the locker, etc,etc... In the viewing hall, I took the seat next to the aisle as Jas and Hui said they wanted to sit between people (HAHA what a laugh!!). Jas sat beside me and it would be more fun watching her than the movie. When the sound effects changes to indicate that something's going to happen, Jas would pull up her jacket she had to keep her warm up to the level below her eyes so that she could only get to peek at the screen. Then as I sat up higher to look at the rest, almost everyone of them did the same (HAHA, it really was a funny scene, just like tortoises). I wonder what would have happened if I'd shouted beside Jas ears when she was peeking so hard at the screen. Maybe she would have jumped so high she'd grabbed the ceiling. (Muahahahaha- damn evil! :~Þ)

Anyway I would have enjoyed the movie better if it wasn't for the irritant we had sitting on the row at the back of us. All through the movie three chinese, two girls and one guy, were chatting as if they were the only people watching the movie. One of the girls would close her eyes every time we come near to a horror scene and the guy would be narrating to her what's happening on the screen and trying his best to scare her. *$#!T*!! If she was just to close her eyes, then why the hell did she come to watch the movie for? It'd be better to ask the guy to watch it then tell her the story later. Then the other girl would act like a heroine by telling her girl-friend when a horror scene is coming. In my opinion, these people are either too free or have too much to spend.

3 comments:

xo said...

at least u had the pleasure of watching a 'not bad' movie..i sat through almost three hours of the chunk of crap that is ALEXANDER :P

G said...

HAHAHA! *ssshhh* dun tell ppl i was spooked laa. Paiseh.

alien said...

crayon: haha, know what you meant. Some friends of mine went for the show and came back complaining.